Friday, January 23, 2009

Just killing time

I have about 90 mintues to kill so I figured I'd try and come up with an update.

This week was skills lab. We learned how to make beds with and without people in them, how to change dressings, place Foley catheters and naso-gastric tubes and give enemas and all sorts of fun stuff. Next week we start seeing real patients.

I'm at school using one of the library computers becuase classes ended at 12:30 and I have a 3:00 meeting about the scholarship I won. I brought my lunch with me because I figured it was pointless to drive 20 minutes to go home and another 20 to come back and burn the gas for the round trip.

I was going to go into a whole bunch of littel BS, but then I had an interesting chat with one of the other recipients and before I knew it it was time to go to the meeting.

This post probably marks the last time I have much time to update. The weekend is packed, just packed with family and school obligations and Monday starts the full course load: Pharmacology, Pathophysiology and two nursing classes plus two days a week working in the hospital full time.

So if you don't hear from me it's just a time thing. I'll be off for a month starting in mid-April and I'll be sure to catch you up then.

I also plan to try and keep you updated on grades and what not.

2 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Enemas - fun!

Anonymous said...

Now there is a bankable skill - I hear that rich celebutards will pay a lot for enemas.