Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Big Day

This is it. The day is at hand.

At 8 AM tomorrow (or today, if you're reading this when I expect you to) I'll be in my first Nursing class. It's all about health assessment.

I've read the first 3 assigned chapters already. It's all about how to give a basic physical. Or at least begin one. The reading only covered doing the interview (something that I feel I've done a lot as a salesperson), being aware of and sensitive to who your patient is (again, something every salesrep should do) and how to look at the skin for problems.

The class is 2 credits. It runs 5 days a week from 8 AM to 3 PM for 2 weeks. That's it. Then another class for a week and then 4 other classes for the following ten weeks. And then a full month off. That's right, a month. From April 18th to May 18th. Which is nice, so I got that going for me.

I figure I'll be busy, but it's doable. The school wants me to graduate and they have a 90% graduation rate, which tells me that pretty much if you get in the program you're going to make it through. Right?

Anyway, that's all I have for now. We're changing up the morning routine to see what we need to do to get me to school on time.

If the updates get infrequent please remember that it's not for lack of interest. I'll probably be studying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I hope you enjoyed it. The month off thing definitely has its advantages, except that I am really bored right now (week 4 of 5 weeks off).

Kathleen said...

Hmm, I'm reading this on Tuesday around 1:30...is that when you expected me to be reading? ;-)

I hope it's going well. The thought of studying gives me the shivers. I have no desire to do that again. You're a better man than I am, Jorge. ;-)