Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm "It"

I was tagged by Alex.

Here are the rules:

But anyway, here are the rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you

2. Post the rules on your blog

3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself

4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs

5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

I am suspending rule 5 since two of my four or five regular readers (at least those who leave comments regularly) are already doing this. But if you'd like to volunteer to be tagged then by all means consider yourself tagged.

So my six things.

1. I am extremely competitive. Extremely. Losing any kind of game drives me nuts. There is no such thing as a friendly game of cards to me. If I'm playing, I am playing to win. I've only once played in a Euchre tournament and if it hadn't been hosted by my brother I probably would have been asked to leave. When I used to golf I found that I enjoyed it most when I played by myself and didn't keep score.


2. My second toe is longer than my big toe. I have no idea what that means.

3. I want a permit to carry a concealed weapon. When I get the permit I plan to never carry a concealed weapon. I just want to be one of those responsible gun owners who never shoots anyone. So really I want to make a political statement rather than obey a law.

4. I like bagpipe music. I have a bagpipe music CD and would happily listen to Scottish radio if there were such a thing. I also like banjos. If I ever learn to play another instrument it will be either the bagpipes or the banjo. (Mona read that, gave me a funny look and said "Who are you? What did you do with my husband?" I maintain that it's true and that I like both instruments.)


5. While I love to SCUBA dive, I don't much care for boats or beaches. Boats to me are just things that get me to dive sites and I don't trust them much. And I've been on paddle boats, pontoon boats (my least favorite), speed boats, sail boats (a nine day Bahamas dive trip), various dive boats and one cruise ship. I am always nervous on big water and getting out of the boat scares me a little, but I feel better in the water than I do on it.

6. Mona says this is a "quirk" so I am going with it. But I think it's really a philosophy. I believe that people should drive like they're late for the birth of their first child. I believe in the fighter pilots credo "Speed is life". If you're scared when you're driving then you shouldn't drive. The brake pedal causes way more accidents than the gas. If you can't go fast then don't bother going. You should be willing to take a life if it means shaving 2 minutes off your best time to any destination. And stay the hell out of the left lane unless you're going faster than everyone to your right. There's more, but I don't want to put too fine a point on it.

So there you go.

If you decide you're tagged let me know so I can stop by and see what you have to say.

Also, as a side note, my practical final for my health assessment class was a 96 out of 100. That will also be my final grade. I can live with a solid A.

5 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Very interesting! And WTG on the solid A. Somehow, that doesn't surprise me, though.

Anonymous said...

The toe thing applies to me too.

And I am unsurprised about the driving. After all, the "drive it like you stole it" thing originated in Michigan!

It was a hard adjustment for me because that is so NOT true of Texans. Except in metro areas (and even then it is iffy) they are in no hurry. But then, our tickets start at $175 and go up from there, and there is no 5 mile grace zone here. You go one over you should expect a ticket.

Anonymous said...

The 2nd toe being longer than the 1st supposedly means that you are the boss in your family... Not true in my case!

Anonymous said...

I also have a longer 2nd toe and I HATE slow drivers too.

Kathleen said...

Oh, I agree with you 3000% on #6. I am truly incapable of driving the speed limit and why do those slowpokes who are scared of driving always end up in the left lane in front of me? I hate them. ;-)