Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Couple of things

First of all, school is going well for the most part. I have solid A's in all my classes except Pharmacology, which is a high C. I took the midterm this afternoon and my best guess is that I wound up with something like an 80%, which in this program is a C+. 74.9% is failing and that's it, you're out of the program.

I am deeply concerned about this class. I work harder on it than any other, and yet I struggle. And it's not just me. Most people are unhappy with this course. If I fail it, I'm gone, and on the street with no job and slim prospects.

I've talked with the instructor a bit, but she has failed to impress me. I think I may have to go see the program head if things get really shakey. The way I see it, if I am carrying 21 credits and 18 of them are A's and one is a C, it might not just be me.

Can you tell I'm a litte wound up about this?

Anyway, on to funnier stuff.

Last weekend I left the house to study and on my way home was instructed to head over to the pet store and buy some food for our Emergency Backup Dog, also known as the cat (we have a primary and auxillary dog, but I believe in tripally redundant pet systems).

While in line I took this picture.





Everything you see there on their shopping cart are clothes for pets. There are more outfits in hand and several already on the counter.

The guy behind me was laughing and said he wished he had his camera phone. All I could think about was how bad must that house smell. And those outfits were in the $15 and up range.

Wow.

3 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

And we're supposedly in a recession? Wow is right.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the grades! Wally hates pharmacology as well, and struggles with it. You will do fine!

I would never, I repeat never, but clothes on my animals! Wally would kill me if I tried!

Kathleen said...

Holy crap...that dog hates his owners.