Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hosed again

So we have been going back and forth about our Thanksgiving plans.

We were supposed to go to my Mother In Laws house tomorrow but there's some flu going around over there and Mona has canceled. This is the second time we've had a cancelation like this. The first time was Easter two years ago. I managed to get us a last minute invite that time, but this time it looks like we're hosed.

My family does Thanksgiving with all their in-laws and it's too late to weasel an invite to one of those events. My brother is going to his in-laws and that sounds like a nightmare and Mona says they're out.

Next year we're hosting. And I don't care if the house has just burned down, we're not cancelling. As long as the rubble is cool enough to sit on we're doing it.

But for now it looks like no Thanksgiving for us. Mona is OK with staying home but I'm not. A holiday without a lot of family around is just sick and wrong to me.

Shit.

If you need me I'll be over here sulking.

5 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Oh, man - I'm sorry! If you lived closer, you'd be more than welcome here. I think your Peanut and my Sissy would have a blast.

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry to hear it! Having it at your place seems like a good plan for next year.

We are used to being by ourselves and we look forward to it sometimes. We do the whole plan anyway - turkey, homemade stuffing, and the works. Be thankful for what you have because plenty of people have no one, you know?

But I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving anyway.

Pamela said...

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in the Netherlands, but you are more than welcome with your family to come here. :-)

I read your blog but don't respond always. I really like your way of writing.

I hope you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving day, even without a big family around you. I will be there with you in my thoughts, that way you will have your big family, I have 5 kids. :-)

Greetings, Pamela
The Netherlands

Furious G said...

I am finishing nursing school next month, may have some texts you need...depending on what your teachers require. Yeah, it sucks hard sometimes, but it is a rite of passage. Good luck.
-Grayson

smallesme@hotmail.com

Kathleen said...

Well, crap! You should have called...although I'm not sure how amenable the SIL is to last minute guests - my aunt and Grandma have no problem with that stuff. Still...what's two more people? Since the Peanut eats as much as my niece and nephews, if not less, which is darn hard to do.